If you have been thinking of moving, chances are you’ve spent a ton of time online and especially on the REALTOR® owned website at www.realtor.ca. You already know the value of finding just about every listing in the country in one place.
If you are a seller, you may have checked out the competition online and also see the merit in the REALTOR.ca website. If you are a private seller, well then you are missing a pretty large audience of an average of 101,000 property views PER HOUR!
REALTOR.ca is the #1 Real Estate website in the country with the largest number of listings displayed in Canada.
Here are the most recent statistics showing trends from 2018 and some are pretty surprising.
- 310,000 listings on REALTOR.CA at any given time (average of 270,000 Residential / 88,000 Commercial)
- $162 billion is the total value of listings at any given time
- 92% of visitors use REALTOR.CA as their primary or secondary source of viewing listings in Canada
- 42% of REALTOR.CA visitors come directly to REALTOR.CA to begin their property search rather than starting with Google
- 42 million REALTOR.CA visitors
- 260 million REALTOR.CA visits (98% residential / 2% commercial)
- 885 million property views (avg of 101,000 property views per hour)
- 49% Repeat Buyers
- 36% First Time Home Buyers
- 7% Renters
- 5% Investors
- 2% First Time Sellers
- 1% Repeat Sellers
The most commonly used search criteria by potential buyers is PRICE.
Home Buying Stages
Just Browsing: 71% of all visitors are looking to complete their transaction in the next year or more
Getting Started: 82% are looking to complete their transaction in the next four months to two years
Serious Hunters: 77% are looking to complete their transaction in the next six months
Viewers aged 25-44 were found to view Residential properties more so than any other age group
Who are visitors sharing listing information with?
- My Realtor® 51%
- Co-Buyer/Seller 37%
- Family and Friends 37%
- Financial Advisor 6%
- Other 6%
- Business Partner 4%
- Desktop search peak times: Monday-Wednesday (noon – 2 p.m.)
- Highest Traffic: Tuesday at noon
- Mobile search peak times: Monday-Wednesday (8 p.m. – 10 p.m.)
- Highest Traffic: Monday 9 p.m.
- Visitors who have viewed videos and virtual tours on listing pages are 27% more likely to reach out to a Realtor®
- 78% of visitors who go to a property details page click on the photos
STATS for Ontario