The Planners Series 2019
A great and informative event for our real estate community each year is the annual Planner’s Seminars for Collingwood, The Blue Mountains, Clearview, Wasaga Beach and Meaford. Unfortunately, the planner from Grey Highlands was unable to make it to this event with the local REALTORS®.
This year, there seemed to be a common theme, and that was customer service. Each municipality touched on their efforts to improve their service to their clients (that’s you and me!) Websites have been enhanced or in the process of being enhanced so that the consumer of planning information for their respective municipality is more readily available to the viewing public.
Each planner also undertook to be available in a reasonable amount of time to answer questions, however, most would prefer that more official requests be made (and a fee paid) for more complex enquiries.
This series will be in five parts – one part for each municipality: Meaford, Wasaga Beach, Clearview, The Blue Mountains and Collingwood. The second in our series is the Township of Clearview. Find the Township of Clearview website here.
Township of Clearview
Presented by Rossalyn Workman, Community Planner
The Township of Clearview is currently updating their Official Plan, and Rossalyn encouraged the audience to take part in the review by visiting the information on their website, found here.
Phase 2 of their zoning update has been appealed, but they expect a decision any day on the remainder of the bylaw. (The specific appeal has a hearing date in Feb. 2020)
Property Standards – they are actively looking out for problems – ie. storage containers are not allowed there. Get information on the Property Standards Bylaw here.
New Development Charges are in effect as of June 2019.
Clearview is experiencing the most building permits in 4 years! Here are some updates of development in Clearview. Currently, there are 4095 dwellings in various stages of approvals in Stayner and 570 in Creemore. For the full Clearview Township Development Map, click here.
- Aspen Ridge II – 64 towns off Sutherland Street/West of Airport Rd. Final approvals, Building Permits issued
- Ridgeview – North of Center Street, East of Highway 26 – Phase 2 and 3 – 89 Single Detached residences
- Zancor (near arena) – 55 Single Family, construction nearing completion
- CityScape – Highway 26 and SR 27/28 – proposal for 123 Towns/91 Singles – DPA (Draft Plan Application) – applied for final
- Emerald Creek – Across from the Cemetery – proposal for 61 Towns/99 Singles; DPA – applying for final soon
- MAMTA / Simcoe Garden ( extension of Simcoe Street) – 18 Towns (common elements condominium, freehold townhomes)
- Estates of Clearview – east of Mowat/North of 26 – 7 HA of Commercial land and 995 units – Phase 1 registered as “Nottawasaga Station”
- MacPherson Builders – aka Nottawasaga Station – 3 model homes now – access from Mowat 72 Singles, Registered, Building Permits pending
- Ashton Meadows – west of County Rd. 42 on Margaret – 224 Single Family – 2 model homes plus sales office – working on final approval of Phase 1
- Jarlette Health Services – part of Clearview Estates subdivision) Mixed institutional, residential and supportive commercial uses – multi-phase care facility – Phase 1 is 96 residence Long Term Care Home; Phase 2 – 140 in retirement lodge
- McIntosh – east of Mary Street – apartment-style tower condos – 72 medium density apartments
- Alliance – East of Mary Street, South of 9 – 498 Units (15 single-family residences, 4 plex and 6 plex) – building permits are available
Accessory Apartments: Rossalyn stated the following:
- “Permitted in a single detached dwelling
• Permitted as an accessory structure in a stand
alone building in the Agricultural and Rural zones
• No greater than 111 m2 (1200 sf)
• Located within 50 m from dwelling
• Use same entrance
Airbnb – not allowed at all – (official plan review may possibly deal with it?)
B&B – allowed in Ag and R zonings, but the owner must live on site
- Permitted in Ag and Rural zoning
- Minimum 5 acres
- Challenging because all the different ways that cannabis production can be presented
- Standard – ie. Peace Naturals
- Micro-fit ie. limited in size – usually sell to someone else (not retail.)
- Medical Growth – for up to 4 ppl, Medical Licence required
- Need licence with Health Canada