What New Developments are Upcoming in Collingwood?
Each year we attend a Panel of Planners seminar, which is attended by local municipal planners. This year, planners from The Blue Mountains, Clearview Township, Collingwood, Meaford, Tiny Township and Wasaga Beach were all in attendance. We’ll be posting summaries from each of the planners here on the blog.
- Balmoral Village – subdivision draft approval
- Tanglewood Block 10B (26 units under construction)
- 4 HighStreet Plaza (1024 sq.m. finished)
- Collingwood Fire Hall (1672 sq.m. finished)
- Dwell at Creekside (35 units, finished)
- Collingwood Youth Centre (288 sq.m. finished)
- Tim Horton’s Restaurant (First St., 297 sq.m. Spring 2014)
- Erie Street Medical Building (610 sq.m., finished)
- 10114 Hwy 26 Commercial Building (604 sq.m. finished)
- Cranberry Harbour Castle Hotel (Phase 2, 30 units, finished)
- Central Park Arena and Centennial Aquatic Centre (finished)
- Hospice House (6-10 beds) at 249 Erie Street
- Blue Mountain Chrysler (1457 sq.m.) relocating sales building
- 100 Second Street (6 units – formerly Library)
- Storpro (2234 sq.m to 4024 sq.m.) 48 Stewart Rd.
- Zenetec (2170 sq.m. total of 3 phases) Highway 26 West
- Mair Mills Villages (from 204 to 302 units) Mountain Road/Tenth Line
- Georgian Traditions (70 to 97 suites) 57 Trott Blvd
- Consar Plan of Subdivision (230 units) Tenth Line
Senior Planner Trevor Houghton gave us Building Stats for October 2011, vs. Oct. 2012 vs. Oct. 2013
- $66.3 Million vs. $55.5 Million vs. $53.2 Million
- 654 vs. 460 permits vs. 517 permits
- Permit Fees Collection $491K vs. $445K vs. $390K.
- Dwelling units created 367 units vs. 188 units vs. 136 units
Trevor also indicated that the Residential Policy Review (Town’s Official Plan) was undertone, and draft OPA was circulated Summer 2013. In 2014, there will be ongoing policy review in this regard. In order to ensure the Official Plan is consistent with the Provincial Policy Statement and New MNR Natural Heritage Reference Manual, an NVCA study and peer review has been done (Natural Heritage Study – Town’s Official Plan).