A Year in Review: The Blue Mountains Single Family Residential Sales
We are often asked about the REAL ESTATE MARKET in our six main local areas, which consist of the towns of Collingwood, The Blue Mountains, and Wasaga Beach; Clearview Township, and the Municipalities of Meaford and Grey Highlands.
Let’s have a look at what the past 12 months looked like in each municipality, with statistics from our local Southern Georgian Bay Association of REALTORS.® Today, let’s look at The Blue Mountains.
Between December 5, 2016, and December 5, 2017, in The Blue Mountains, there were:
- 228 Sales of Single Family Residences
- Average List Price was $847,151
- Average Sale Price was $815,559
- Total Sales Value of these 228 Sales was $185,947,468
- 20 of the 228 sales sold AT their list (asking) price, which represents 8.8% of the total sales
- 44 of the 228 sales sold for MORE than their list (asking) price, which represents 19.3% of the total sales
- The lowest sale price for a Single Family Residence in The Blue Mountains was $228,000 in June 2017.
- This was a dated, 1,000 square foot home on a large lot in Redwing on well and septic, with a metal roof, wood exterior, some renovations, heated by a wood fireplace and partial basement.
- The highest sale price for a Single Family Residence in The Blue Mountains was $3,350,000 in September 2017.
- This was a custom, 7500 sq.ft. stone chalet, 5 bedrooms/6 baths near the Craigleith/Alpine ski clubs, steeped in luxury, exposed beams, 17-foot ceilings, exquisite finishing and a 180-degree view of Georgian Bay.
Note: All statistics included are sales that were reported through Southern Georgian Bay Association of REALTORS® MLS® system.