The real estate market in the Collingwood, Blue Mountain and south Georgian Bay area remained strong through August in one of the best summer markets we’ve had. A few highlights of the local market in August:
• The number of new listings were down marginally but so were sales numbers keeping the pattern much the same as July
• The sales-to-listing ratio is in balanced market territory in most areas and YTD, Collingwood has now topped 51% meaning it is now a seller’s market. The lowest or slowest area is in the Town of Blue Mountains although that area saw a surge in sales last month
• The number of properties sold in all local areas last month topped sales for the same period last year
• Listing inventory of proeprties for sale is tightest in the Collingwood area
• The average sale price continues to clim in most areas and is up about 5% year over year
• The number of condos sold in August (38) was down from July (51) however, the average sale price is higher and sat at $227,000 last month.
September has been off to a fast start and I expect we’ll see continued strong activity for at least the next few months.
Note: All statistics obtained from the Southern Georgian Bay Association of REALTORS® Real Estate Board