Collingwood – Blue Mountain Real Estate Market SNAPSHOT May 2016
This report covers the Western Region of The Southern Georgian Bay Association of REALTORS® which includes Wasaga Beach, Springwater, Clearview Township, Collingwood, The Blue Mountains, Municipality of Meaford and Grey Highlands.
Residential sales recorded through the MLS® System of the Southern Georgian Bay Association of REALTORS® came in well above year-ago levels in May 2016.
All Real Estate – Western Region
- May 2016 real estate sales, including residential and non-residential numbered 314, an increase of 31% on a year-over-year basis.
- Total sales dollar volume for all real estate sales in the Western Region for the month of May was $114,159,859, up 45% over the same period last year, while sales dollar volume is up 32% year-to-date.
Residential Real Estate Western Region
- Residential Sales numbered 270, a 33% increase over the same period in 2015. This marked a new all-time record and was the first month to ever see more than 250 sales.
- Residential listings – 410 new listings for the month of May, down -8.1% and total number of listings in the system – 623, down by -38.7%.
These markets were up from the same period in 2015:
- Clearview: 19 units sold – an increase of 18.75% over May 2015. The 12 month average price increased 16.2% to $419,327
- Collingwood: 44 units sold – an increase of 19% over May 2015. The 12 month average price increased 14% to $396,757
- The Blue Mountains: 19 units sold -an increase of 18.75% over May 2015. The 12 month average price increased 2.2% to $621,332
- Wasaga Beach: 81 units sold – an increase of 28.5% over May 2015. The 12 month average price increased 9.6% to $324,194
This market was down from the same period in 2015
- Municipality of Meaford: 16 units sold – a decrease of -16% over May 2015. The 12 month average price increased 3.5% to $310,711
The Riou-Baker Teams says…
We are finding that properties are selling before they hit MLS. That is why you need to work with one realtor who will keep you in the loop so we can get the advance scoop!